Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fighting Boredom.

In order to fight boredom during the long rainy days, I found myself at Michael's, frantically grabbing craft stuff from the shelves. I bought poster markers, posters, window markers, glitter glue and later I plan on buying ingredients to make flubber. The window markers have been a big hit! Yes, they make my sliding glass door completely ghetto looking and dirty, but if the kids are happy, I am happy.I like that Sissy cleans up after herself with the towel.
And above is Juliet with her all time favorite book - the kitty book. I swear she is going to turn into a weird cat lady someday.
And then they sat down with poster markers and glitter glue. Samuel came up with a snow man and a Christmas tree, I believe.
Juliet really could not get enough of that red glitter glue. I have found her quietly using it some more on her poster randomly throughout the days. Quietly is the key word here - I don't even care that she got it on her clothes. She is so proud of her poster hanging on the fridge that she takes it off every day and comes and shows it to me saying "Mine!", in case I had forgotten.
And Jude did this one. Jude isn't really so interested in artwork yet, and that's ok.

3 comments:

Randi Lundberg said...

Oh my goodness, look at Juliet's curls!! I love them!

BETHANY said...

I share Jude's sentiments about art. :)

Strauss House said...

Fun ideas. I'm going to have to try the window marker thing!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...