Monday, March 19, 2012

My Radiation Paper Chain

While I was away at my very first radiation treatment this morning, my very sweet Aunt Michelle and Samuel made me this super pretty paper chain. Why? You might say. Well, since the thought of 17 daunting treatments in that immobilizing face mask has me in a tizzy, my friend gave me the idea of this paper chain. For every day of treatment completed, I can take off one of the loops. It's a very tangible way to see that this cancer treatment road I am on is coming to a close, link by link. I took one off this morning and it felt so good. April 10th is my last treatment and I can't wait! My treatment this morning was incredibly fast - about 10 minutes total,with the radiation portion only being a couple of minutes. It was doable. Now, only four more this week. I can do this.

7 comments:

BETHANY said...

They even used pretty paper. Love it!

Callae said...

yes you can, because He can! Let Him carry you - He wants to and its His job :) I love the paper chain!!

Callae said...

yes, you can, because He can! Let Him carry you - He wants to and its His job :) I love the paper chain idea - God has blessed you with very caring people!

Mama Rak said...

I'm so proud of you! Hopefully each appt. is quick like today. You are an inspiration for sure.

Comfrey Cottages said...

Bless your heart! Yes you can Kami! I am a newish friend of your mom's. I just wanted to send you some love, and healing supportive energy tonight, love, Leslie xx

mamas collection said...

Prayer to surround you.....

momto8 said...

that is a great idea. hang in there....

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...