Monday, April 23, 2012

Cancer Quilt.

This is the beginning of the quilt I will drop off at the cancer clinic where I was treated. While it is a real fight to find time and energy to put it together, I'm finding a few stolen moments to cut and piece it together. It's so fun! I have never put a quilt together, so we'll see how it turns out - I can't believe I'm not even using a pattern! It's so unlike me :).

3 comments:

Lori P said...

It looks great! My daughter made one (when she was sick as a young teenager) and it was similar in style. Just thought I'd add that instead of top-stitching which would have been a bit tedious for her, she tied yarn through the quilt at each intersection and knotted it on the top. It was easier for her that way.

Sherri B. said...

Love the fabric choices...I knew you could do it.

Love you!

ted and bunny said...

hi- I'm one of Sherri's regulars and just came over to wish you good luck and energy with your quilt.

I'm sure the love and good intent you put in with the making will go a long way to make the recipient feel cherished- I know its something that would've made my times a litle more bearable.

So sorry that you had to become a member of this hugely unpopular club, but I hope the journey taken enables you to live the life you want.

Energy will be slow to return, but return it will- just hang on in there...this can be a bit of an odd "in limbo" time while you try to get back to normal, when normal is no longer there!

with love
xx

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...