Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December Fun

We headed out on Friday to find a Christmas tree in the balmy 20-something degree weather. I have to admit that my body seizes up a bit in the cold and needless to say, I was not the best contributor to this family outing (insert image of me sitting in the driver seat of the truck, hands held steadily over the heat vents, scarf covering the entirety of  my face). After what seemed like a few eternities, my family picked out a large tree, cut it and loaded it up in back. We spent the remainder of the day thawing out, drinking tea/hot chocolate and decorating the tree. Sissy has taken to this tree like a moth to a flame - rearranging ornaments all day long to make sure "Santa can see them all".  Every day. The older I get, the more I realize Christmas is less about everyone having a relaxed fun December full of presents and good cheer and more about Mom making sure everyone has a relaxed December full of presents and good cheer. We have Juliet's and Samuel's birthdays in December as well, so I am pretty much a basket case most of the month. Someday I will discover the secret to internal peace and harmony during this month....

Here are some pics I snapped:

Boss was really interested in the Frank Sinatra and other similar era Christmas music blasting from the kitchen stereo.
This babe was pretty much frozen at this point - we were about two minutes into our tree hunt.
Colin requested ginger snap cookies and I was all to eager to comply with anything that involved standing my a heat source. They all dipped cookies in milk or tea and enjoyed thoroughly.


Jude worked on light detangling and inspecting.
Snowsuit from the late 70's apparently.
Jude's gleeful to be headed out in the truck.
Sissy adorning the tree top with the angel.
The kiddos played in the snow earlier this week as well - Sissy was of course adorned in all pink snow gear.
She hangs the stockings with care.



Here was the prize winning tree.

1 comment:

Sherri B. said...

Oh...I love this post, so wish I could have been there. xo

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...