The kids started OMSI Oregon Homeschool Science Club this month. I've been wanting them to do this for awhile but just finally pulled the trigger recently. Signing on for anything on a weekly basis is a huge commitment when one has this many kids. We go every Tuesday and the first day Samuel absolutely loathed his class. He claimed the kids were way younger than him and after Colin attended one, he agreed. We switched Samuel to a different class in the Planetarium and things are much better now. This week I was the parent helper in Jude's class and the cool thing is that I got to bring Samuel and Boss in with me.
Boss played in the playground area which I'm sure was loaded with germs. I only let him play for a couple of minutes and then I sprayed him down with sanitize.
After OMSI this week, I treated the kids to a new coffee shop experience. Colin told me Coava was a really great one and so we tried it. They didn't have anything but soy and dairy, so I didn't get anything, but the kids enjoyed chocolate croissants and a scone. Sometimes education is about science, sometimes it's about culture :)
These kids were learning about craters - dropping different balls into sand and watching the different impacts.
I love that Boss was a student too.
Just because I so rarely get into photos...
The first day Sis learned about internal organs.
I'm so glad we are doing this - our science curriculum is sorely lacking and boring. I'm hoping to sign them up for more classes in April.











No comments:
Post a Comment