Thursday, December 15, 2016

December Daily 2016 Day 13

We have two kid birthdays in December and even though it feels like such a crazy month, I purposed this day to solely focus on just Juliet. We didn't do a party this year since she had just been to Cirque de Soleil and the Nutcracker was a couple days away, but we made an effort to make this a day of her choices. I did he hair how she wanted, told her someone could help pick out her outfit (she loves that), I painted her toes and nails sparkly red, we went to her fav restaurant (Vietnamese) for lunch and had her favorite dinner (spaghetti). We ate on fine china. We went to the mall and got bubble tea, she wanted to shop in The Gap (she picked out a pair of sparkly blue shoes), we perused makeup, we had chocolate cake  and Grandpa and Grandma came over. She got a new sewing machine and pink cowboy boots. She was really happy with the day. This particular year, Colin and I couldn't believe she is 8 already! It seems like last week that we were in the NICU with her. Being told her lungs would never be normal. And here she is - healthy and vibrant!




No comments:

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...