Here is Wednesday for my Week in the Life. By this point, most people either give up or stick with it until the end.
Here I am - I wake at 5:30 every day, grab my cup of coffee and read "Daily Bible". After that I read "The Mission of Motherhood" or just spend time in prayer. The house is quiet at this hour and it's sacred.
Here Boss was helping me make biscuits. This kid loves working with dough.
Boss stole Jude's beloved blanket and cradles it on the floor. What a weirdo. He spends a fair amount of time torturing the other kids.
Boss likes also to horn in on my craft time in the morning. He will come sit on my lap while it's still dark out and "help" me sew and scrapbook.
This is one of my favorite pictures from the entire week. Love it.
Morning email checking.
Colin teaching Jude. Jude is just not sure of the answer.
This is the disaster that is our office right now. I was printing out invoices at this point.
Here's Jude's writing at 2nd grade. He works really hard on it and his hands get tired a lot. Here he is copying couplets of poetry.
We delivered to a store as a family that morning - Jude was telling a story when Samuel and I came out of the store.
This kids don't watch a ton of TV. They will watch in the evenings after about 7 sometimes, when neither Colin or I have energy to break up fights anymore. When Colin is working, they watch after dinner. Here they were watching a rare afternoon show for some reason. They are desperate for screen time, so they pretty much watch anything.
This is Boss helping me sew.
Boss makes a habit of sitting on Colin's lap during breakfast and eating half of it.
This is bedtime. I wish I could say we read every night, but my energy level doesn't really allow that all the time. They look pretty peaceful here, but mostly book time is them fighting over my lap, Sissy asking a million questions and Samuel complaining because we aren't reading his novel.
Samuel wakes every morning and sits in my chair and reads his latest favorite book. It's so exciting to see him get into books like I did at that age.
Samuel offered to help me stock the store - he knows the Concordia store better than I do. He knows where the product is in the freezer and where the date gun is.
Chores. Sissy always puts clean silverware away.
On the way to the New Seasons delivery, Jude helped Sissy do her math. It was really sweet. I heard her say, "You are a really good brother."
Here's Sissy working on her 1st grade reading/writing worksheets. She's young for this grade, so it's a bit of a struggle, but I think she will be ok. It just takes more of my attention.
I had to use this for my cover page. Such a sweet photo. I really love the emotion that b&w photos allow to come through.
I also had this one printed, just in case one picture turned out sharper than the other.
And wrestling - so much wrestling in our house. This a fun way for the kids to burn energy. At least 2 kids end up crying at some point, but it's always fun while it lasts.























No comments:
Post a Comment