This would have been Tuesday of my Week in the Life. Most of these days are just so normal and that's exactly what I'm trying to capture. Honestly, the hardest part of this project for me so far has been the amount of time I spend on the computer digitizing/manipulating these photos. I am actually not a big fan of craft time spent on the computer. I like tangible. I want to touch the photos, the fabric, the paper. It will be really fun when I start actually putting these in an album.
So here is Boss at the library. The library is a key player to our weeks during the school year. We get movies, we get interesting books, we talk. We ride our bikes there, we walk, I drive - whatever suits our fancy that day (or whatever the weather permits). It's just a great way to spend time together and raise book nerds like myself.
I love these snuggle pictures - it truly captures who Boss is right now. He's bossy, but clingy.
This is what breakfast looks like around here. Messy table, chaotic kids, lots of stories. Usually there is coloring or toys on the table.
I did a delivery to the new Tualatin New Seasons that day. With all the kids. For awhile there I was struggling to keep up with homeschool because we were doing so many morning deliveries. Things are calmer now and homeschool is getting caught up a bit.
Jude and Samuel do math flashcards together everyday. I really like utalizing all my "students" to help teach the others. They also do books of the Bible together (they have almost the entire list memorized at this point)
Joel came to have lunch with us - he delivers for Nestle and comes sometimes to chat and eat my food :).
This is what the table usually looks like in the morning - remnants of the day before. Is it perfectly organized? No. But it's our reality. I love having a clean house, but it rarely stays that way.
Dinner was lentil soup and gluten free muffins. I was amazed that my kids scarfed both of these down. Gluten free is a tough gig. I'm recipe testing for gluten free cookie dough to sell to New Seasons right now, and it's no easy feat.
The library again. Samuel loves this place more than life itself.
Oh this kid is so snuggly. I journaled right onto the next couple of photos.
Nighttime is just a gem for me - a quiet house. A lot of the time I am alone and I just read in bed. Heaven. I also text from my iPad, but mostly read. I listen to Coast to Coast AM radio (have for years). Drifting off to sleep takes all of 10-20 minutes at this point of my life.
Here are the kids at the Tualatin New Seasons after we delivered. We picked up some elderberry extract for a friend and I delivered it to her in Sherwood because she had a sick kiddo.
Tucking the kiddos in includes praying with the kids. Boss never closes his eyes. I'm contemplating having the kids pray to me. I'm want to foster their own relationship with God.
Samuel doing school.
Samuel takes care of the library returns most of the time.
More school.
This is actually Language Arts that Samuel is doing. I love the curriculum we went with (Total Language Plus). He throws a ball back and forth while he spells out letters. Apparently motion is important for learning at this age. I would agree - especially with boys.
This is about 6:15 a.m. - it's the only time I have to create. I was sewing a nursing cover for a cousin here.
Praying with Sissy before bed. She always squeezes me real hard when I pray with her.
And here's the cover for Tuesday - Sissy in the car. Samuel actually took this.





















No comments:
Post a Comment