Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thoughts

I feel like I have been given a new lease on life. Not two days ago, I had so many thoughts rolling around in my head - one of them being "if they can't treat this, then I get to be with the Lord in heaven, right?". I really had to come to that realization and be ok with that. Now that I have hope (although I know that I still have a rough road ahead), things around me that I used to overlook seem so much more intense. Brighter, somehow. As we were driving to the Kaiser Interstate campus, I noticed the trees that have become a ravishing red with the fall weather. I linger over Abe's sweet little smiles and truly take time to enjoy them. I cup his face in my hands and notice how soft his skin is. I stare at Juliet's beautiful curls and run my hand through them - because I get to do that as many times I want in the years to come. And I will no longer take that for granted. Colin and I are talking about going to the San Juan islands next summer - normally I would say "no thanks - I loathe camping" but now I am willing. I need to experience life more. Because life shouldn't be taken for granted. I am going to lose my hair soon - and that's ok. It's a small price to pay for a second chance at this wonderful, colorful life.

9 comments:

The Massage Spot said...

thanks kami! you're such an inspiration. . . i've been feeling so down and you totally helped me put things into perspective! i'll be keeping an eye out on the beauty and my blessings of today. lots of love xo

Callae said...

Kami
Your Light is so shining! Already you are becoming more than you can imagine! Thank you for bloging your thoughts -

Jillian Weiss said...

:) Lovely post

Michelle said...

A journey through cancer can be viewed in either of two ways: a blessing or a curse. No matter what the diagnosis, treatment or cure rate, it is ultimately a choice on how it is going to leave an imprint on your life and the lives of those around you. I am so pleased that you are taking the high road and choosing to let cancer refine you...not define you. Great job Kami!

JSTA said...

Kami,

Thanking the Lord with you for the better news, and marveling at your awe-inspiring strength and beauty..He's shining bright through you, My Friend. I am praying for you and will continue to do so! Much Love,
Sarah

Mama Rak said...

So proud of you, Girl, & your amazing heart. Here's to the future!

camp and cottage living said...

Kammi
I am popping over from your mother's blog. I have been a follower of hers since I started blogging.
I just want you to know that you will be in my prayers, Kami. I'm so glad that you received a treatable diagnosis. I'm sure the road will be rough at times, but God is faithful. I can tell you already are aware of this, of course.
You will be beautiful even without hair, my dear!
Blessings-Kimberly

Debi said...

Hey Kami - I'm from your Mom's blog. She is such a sweetie. She's been filling us in, so thought I would pop on over and tell you that from afar, you're in my thoughts and prayers. I send you energy and hope to get through this. Debi

Debi said...

Hey Kami ~ I am a friend of your Mom's blog. She's such a sweetie. She has been filling us in, so I thought I would pop over and tell you that from afar, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I send to you energy through the power of positive thinking and the prayer of renewed strength each and every day. Big Hug sent to you ~ Debi

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...