I paid a visit to my naturopath a couple of days ago to get my "pathways moving" as he put it. Basically, he will be helping my liver and entire system get rid of the cell death that chemo leaves behind and the body doesn't know what to do with. One thing that is so noticeable about having cancer is how people treat you. Before when I would visit him, it would be very clinical and professional. This time there was some puppy dog eyes, lots more comforting touches and "how are you doing?" in that sympathetic voice. I have to say it is nicer to see the softer side of people. What wasn't nice? How he told me chemo blows up cells, leaving debris everywhere. Apparently that's what makes people sick. I have a two page handout on the things I will be doing to help my body cope with the assault chemo will put on it. I will be be doing dry loofah rubs, drinking lemon water (for digestion), juicing (which ensures I get protein and all my nutrients in one drink), eating simple, easily digested food so my body can concentrate on elimination and not digestion, doing castor oil packs over my liver, moving 30 minutes a day and of course my homeopathic drops for my liver. My poor liver. I think it's already angry at the lack of lymph node activity. I can't even bear to look at my most recent lab tests because I think they would scare me. I did glimpse very quickly (the kind where you hold your hand over your eyes, but spread your fingers so you can barely see) at my bilirubin levels and they are through the roof. Ugh.
My bone marrow biopsy is on Monday and I really don't want to take the Valium, but I think I have to. I just found out they use some sort of drill and that makes me a bit queasy. Again, please be praying my bone marrow is clean. That would make chemo much shorter.
2 comments:
Kami, I came over from your mom's blog. I love this idea of the naturopath...do everything you can to help yourself. I think even the chemo will be alright...they have become so advanced in keeping the side effects to a minimum. You will have a rough couple of months but you will come out on the other side ...you will be there to see your kids grow up. P.S. ..take the Valium!
I hope and pray that your treatments go well and that God may be gracious to you and your family during this time.
Post a Comment