Just popping in to say that I survived today's chemo infusion. I sat across from an older couple that sadly struggled with chemo and could only do three rounds in three months. I had a litany of side effects rattled off to me that I could endure over the next 5 days - things like nausea, red urine (not blood, just the chemical coming out), fatigue, flu like symptoms, low white blood cell counts that could require shots that will cause bone pain, ending up in the hospital from a simple infection (which is why we will be not going to many places as long as I am undergoing treatment) and neuropathy in hands and feet. Oh, and don't forget hair loss. So far today I have been faithfully taking my Tylenol and paired with prayer, I am warding off the fever and flu like symptoms that can occur the first 24 hours. I have about four or five anti-nausea meds, so hopefully I am covered there. Today was a good day. I might not be saying that for the rest of the week, but I am praying that I can feel decent these next few days and the meds work well on my system.
A very positive note: both the nurse and pharmacist said this is curable, not just treatable. Like 99% curable. And for that, I praise the Lord. What a "good" cancer to have!
2 comments:
I am so very proud of you. A cancer journey, no matter how curable it is, is still a cancer journey. There will be ups and downs along the way, but you will see that a good attitude, like you are showing, makes all the difference. Cancer does not have to define you, but it can refine you....and that is a good thing. Remeber, I am always just a phone call away. I love you so much and there is no doubt in my mind that you will conquer this cancer!
Continuing to amaze me with your strength Sweet Friend!
Post a Comment