Monday, November 7, 2011

This Week

This week I will be having a PET scan on Tuesday. This scan apparently highlights all the places there is active cancer. On Friday I have my first oncologist appointment and that will probably be the big moment of truth - the stage and if the cancer has spread. My specific prayer request is that this cancer has remained only on my heart/lung. While it's a very treatable cancer even in later stages, I would love it to remain a simple, easier round of chemo and radiation. I also pray that the Lord shines through to others in this season of my life.

P.S. If I never itch my body again, it would be too soon. My skin has absolutely been itched raw over the last few months due to this lymphoma thing - ugh! I have not slept next to my husband since I was about 5 months pregnant because I would keep him awake from said itching. Really, it is a form of torture. Water boarding? Piece of cake.

2 comments:

Jillian Weiss said...

Praying for you this week Kami! For everything you asked for and for strength for you and your family.

Mama Rak said...

Praying oh-so-hard for you during these appointments. Praying for the early stage and brief treatment schedules. I know you will see His blessings sprinkled throughout this journey. I'll check in on you after your appointment.

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...