Thursday, November 3, 2011

Update on Health Issues

I have to say that the Lord is faithful in answering my prayer - I prayed fervently that He would allow the doctors to figure out what is wrong with me. After so many tests and various specialists visits, I received news that I had an abnormal chest x-ray. I then had a referral to get a cat scan of my chest. A few days later I was on the phone with an advice nurse that said in a skiddish voice: "I am going to read you the report, ok?" as though she was prepping me for something bad. Well, she was. She informed me that I have enlarged lymph nodes and a "specialist" has been consulted. My doctor called me later that afternoon and informed me of her conversation with an oncologist (insert gasp here) and he thought I probably have Hodgekin's lymphoma. Well, consider me blindsided! I then had to get an abdominal CT scan and then a biopsy. Don't even get me started on the biopsy. For some insane reason, I declined the Valium and really should not have. Anyway, results came back yesterday and I do have Hodgekin's - it's a very treatable cancer, I hear. My next step is getting a PET scan to see exactly where cancer might be in my body so they can give me a stage and prep for a course of treatment. I will inevitably be given chemo and radiation - a typical treatment for this cancer.

So, there it is. Please be praying we have caught it early.

10 comments:

Abby said...

I'm so sorry. Praying for healing for you to Jehovah Rafa the God who heals.

Sarah said...

Praying for you, friend. I would love to help you with dinner or childcare whenever you need it. Please let me know what I can do for you!

BETHANY said...

Praying for you, Kami, and for the rest of your family.

Michelle said...

I have lifted you up in prayer many times today, along with others at Crossroads. You are a shining light in all our lives and I believe the Lord has great plans for you. Just remember: cancer doesn't have to define you...but instead can refine you.

Couchs said...

Ugh Kami! I am praying for you and your family as well!

team woelfel said...

wow. . . i want to cus. lots of love to you and your family xoxo

team woelfel said...

and start juicing. . .

Jillian Weiss said...

Praying for you everyday! So sorry Kami.

Nicole B. said...

Oh Kami! How overwhelmed you must feel! I have so much I could tell you! I have a friend who cured himself of a form of Lymphoma by drastically changing to a raw foods diet and taking huge amounts of herbs thirty years ago. He had a volleyball sized tumor in his stomach and it was GONE in 6 weeks! I also have story upon story about people curing themselves with huge amounts of pure frankinsense oil. It sounds weird...but I have done tons of research on this stuff and use it myself. Anyway, I won't go on and on about it...but if you are at ALL interested in a chemo/radiation-free cure, I can send you lots of info! Also, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ibsoqjPac
it's 1.5 hours long and was played on the documentary channel (might be showings coming up). It's eye-opening! There is a gal that lives just down the road from me who has the most agressive form of brain cancer (she is 36) and is getting the burzynski treatment and it is working! She was given max of 10 months to live back in June. She is also using frankinsence and is eating a raw diet. email me if you want at nicolelouiseb@hotmail.com. Or call me...503-298-3419. Don't worry, if you don't contact me, I'll understand :) Praying for you and your family in this very difficult time.

tabi said...

kami, i am so very sorry! i don't know the right words to say, but please know that i am praying for you and your family.

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...