Thursday, November 24, 2011

Whew!

I am blogging from the couch this Thanksgiving morn because the chemo has decided to take a real hit to my stomach - even on the anti-nausea meds. You know every year I fear that I will have the stomach flu on Thanksgiving and not have a normal day. Its amazing now how petty fears like that are. Chances are that I won't feel up to being around food today and yet I am still grateful. You know why? Because if this chemo is killing off my stomach cells, then it's also killing off my cancer cells, getting me that much closer to a cure. I read in my Bible a couple days ago about casting my anxieties on God and leaving them there. I have to say the Lord has blessed me with an otherworldly peace in this whole situation and for that I am so grateful!

I hope you all eat tons of food today and look around noting all the amazing things to be thankful for!

4 comments:

Michele said...

Kami you blow me away!!! Praying for your healing!! Your posts and words always blow me away!!

Callae said...

You are proof of an amazing God - peace that passes understanding! So glad He is gifting you with that!

team woelfel said...

thanks for taking the time to check in with us! it's really good to hear from you and know how you're doing even though some of us aren't around to help. i'm in town but i'm sick :( i was gonna see if there was something on the list i could do but not get you sick is the first thing on the list so i'll stay in the gorge! so glad gods given you peace through this! xo

Vintage Home said...

Praying for you as you continue down this road. Gods peace be with you .

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...