Monday, March 30, 2009

Wow. Where Have I Been?

Taking care of the kiddos, that's where. I feel like they are growing up so fast - it makes me sad!! I am loving every one of my kids' ages right now - it is a bit overwhelming by myself at times, but they all have such distinct and different personalities. Here's what we have been up to: The boys love playing with flubber. We actually made this flubber and then they played with it for at least 45 minutes. I'd highly recommend doing this with your kids. Email me if you want the recipe - a very sweet friend of mine gave me hers and it has been such a great activity!
Two thumb suckers? Colin helped Juliet find her thumb and it kept her pacified for about one minute.

Here is Juliet in her new crib. In her own room!! I almost cried the first night we put her in her room. And then I took a big sigh of relief because I slept much better that night not hearing her every grunt and groan. She only wakes up once for a feeding per night now. What a big girl. She's growing up a bit too fast for me, but I can't be mad about all the smiles and coos I have been getting.
Jude took this gadget from an old coffee percolator and toted his apple around in it - pretty ingenious, don't you think? Can you tell he was sick with a cold? Check out those glassy eyes!

Sarah's friend Hitomi came to visit from Japan and showered the boys with Anpanman prizes. One of which was this very cool hat.

Here's Juliet on her changing table. No reason for this picture other than I love all the pink!!

Samuel received a letter from Portland Fire Station 6 (Colin's fire station down on the water). It was from Captain Casey. It included two fire badges and the boys couldn't have been happier!! Samuel LOVES getting mail. Don't we all?

Uncle Goat came to visit and made Samuel this cool mustache and mask out of construction stuff. I believe his name was Juan Pedro for the morning.
That's what I've been up to. Samuel and I purchased fabric to make cloth napkins and also finger paint. We like doing crafts lately - what else is there to do in all this rainy weather?
I am reading Twilight and really trying to get past the terrible prose. I keep hearing there is a wonderful love story if I can only get to Chapter 5. After I finish this series, I will have to read something really intellectual - perhaps some Charles Dickins.

1 comment:

Strauss House said...

I love your posts, Kami!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...