Monday, December 14, 2009

Juliet Turns 1!

Here is Juliet one year ago:
My sweet baby girl turned one on Sunday and I can't believe how incredibly fast this last year has gone. I always get quite emotional when my babies complete their first year and I will say it again - the more kids you have, the faster time goes. She has been such an incredible blessing in our lives this last year. She has also overcome her fair share of challenges. I made her some vegan, gluten-free cupcakes from the Babycakes cookbook (since she shouldn't really be having dairy or too much wheat until she is actually a year old on January 31st). I didn't try them, but I hear they were "hearty". She was quite reserved while eating them at first, then she dug in. And the cake I made was for the adults who didn't care about eating healthy :).


Here are the vanilla cupcakes (made from things like potato starch, soy milk, garbanzo bean flour, coconut oil and agave nectar).

The cake wasn't much to look at, but it was (and still is!) delicious. I made it from the latest issue of Saveur magazine (I LOVE that magazine). Find the recipe here.


Grandma Barb knitted Juliet a hat and matching blanket - so sweet!

Juliet really took more of an interest in the cards than the gifts. Odd.


And for the baby book, Juliet sat up in her crib all by herself for the first time on her birthday. Here's to year number 2...

3 comments:

Strauss House said...

Wow. Time flies. Happy Birthday to your beautiful little girl!

team woelfel said...

happy belated birthday to juliet! it does go so fast, have to remember to stop and smell the roses!

Mama Rak said...

Happy Birthday, Baby Juliet! May this year be just as sweet for you as the last.

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...