Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Meal Plan

As much as I loathe every other Thursday (which happens to be today) when I prepare a new budget and figure out a meal plan, I love knowing when I wake up in the morning what we are having that evening for dinner. Now, I'm not always this organized and sometimes dinner is whatever meat and veggies we have in the freezer. But for today, I have a complete meal plan for the week ahead (one week meal planning instead of two works best for me because I am a compulsive cook and eater at heart, so I can't stick to a two week plan). Here it is:

Dinners:

Minestrone/bread
Roasted pork tenderloin/brussel sprouts
Lasagna/bread
Baked chicken breast and roasted red potatoes/veggies from freezer

Breakfasts:

Usually fried eggs and toast, but sometimes I mix it up:
Overnight french toast
Breakfast bars

Christmas baking:

Peanut butter blossoms
Chocolate chip pecan blondies
Sugar cookies

And that's it! I wish I could have loads of different cookies to bake, but the boys are helping me and let's be realistic. Three different recipes is really the max.

1 comment:

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...