Tuesday, February 9, 2010

In the Trenches

I'm in survival mode here in the McGladrey household. Colin is getting loads of overtime (good for our checking account, not so good for child rearing) and Jude has decided to enter a late phase of the terrible two's. Think shaving cream on mirrors, pushing his sister, stealing toys, throwing fits - and that was all before 7:30 a.m! I will survive this, right?
In an effort to escape our house, I have been taking the kiddos for walks - Samuel rides his scooter. Jude was preparing a bed on the floor last night and Juliet joined him.

Here's Jude playing in their car outside.

And Juliet in her stroller this morning. I could just kiss those sweet little (cold!) cheeks. Did I mention it felt like 40 degrees this morning on our walk. Jude was pretty much frozen when we returned and I happily obliged warming him by placing him down for an early nap in his very cozy bed.

2 comments:

BETHANY said...

Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

It's so hard to parent when your husband is gone a lot! We go through that during basketball season (sidenote: this is month three of basketball ... we've had some "survival" days lately) and it's tough. Hang in there!

Sherri B. said...

Grandma will be in town next week and will come and help out. Maybe Samuel can have a sleep over at Grandmas as we have a date for the Lego shop anyway. xoxoxox

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...