Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Clothesline.

This particular spot of our yard is where I have spent many hours this summer, surprising myself with how therapeutic it has become to take a few quite moments (or noisy ones as the kids play under my feet) and hang clothes and just think. Think about books, conversations, people, prayers, or just bask in the amazing sun. I have to say that hanging clothes mostly makes me think of the pioneer women that spent the bulk of their lives without the conveniences we have today. And perhaps, just perhaps, they were calmer than we are - having more time to reflect while they would wring clothes, hang them, knead dough, repair clothes, etc.. It's amazing where you can find the quiet moments, isn't it?

2 comments:

Sherri B. said...

It does my heart good to see my daughters clothes line.

tabi said...

Wow, that brings back so many memories from my childhood! Then, I considered it such a chore, but maybe that's because there was laundry for 11 people to be done and hung. :)

I'm constantly amazed at what a domestic goddess you are!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...