Saturday, December 31, 2011

Abe.

I've discovered that since getting an iPhone, I am taking way too many pictures on that and not so many "real" pictures on my camera. I did manage to scrounge these ones up of Abe, though and I just wanted to post a little update on him since he just turned four months old. His well-child checkup turned out well - he's 75% for height and 60% for weight, but he is anemic, so we have to supplement with iron drops and start him on rice cereal. He is currently taking milk through bottles from my beloved "pumping team" donors at church - we are trying to get him to six months without formula - almost there!! Abe gets very bored by himself - he definitely is a baby born into a big family and always wants his siblings or Mama and Papa sitting around playing with him.

Here is how I found my mom after I returned from my last chemo treatment - I love that she completely covered him up for his nap on her! He seemed to love it - Here he is this morning in his Bumbo seat - he was watching the boys play with Samuel's new birthday Legos. This is what happens around my house at 6 a.m..
This was his first rice cereal feeding (Colin had previously given him bites of our sweet potatoes at dinner and he loved them) - look how messy!
He didn't love it.
Colin and Samuel were playing cribbage here and Abe joined in the fun.
He tries to grab everything in front of him.
Oh, how I love his expressions!

2 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Love that Abe is learning cribbage at such an early age! xo

Michelle said...

I agree, it is good that Abe was born into a large family. I think he is going to be a "people person" so to speak, as he seems to want that constant connection. Such cute pictures of him!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...