Today I woke up and decided I needed to do
something about my hair. I've been mentally letting go of it for three weeks now - training myself to focus on what's important, and let me tell you - hair isn't it right now. It's hard as a woman to remove that piece of identity. To just say goodbye to it for oh, five months or so. So instead of having it shaved (since my hair is just shedding lightly at this point), I dashed off to my local cheap haircut place and gingerly handed her a picture of
Emma Watson and watched in horror as she lopped off all of my hair while telling me her mom died of breast cancer four years ago. Gulp. I kept telling myself that it isn't about my hair. It's about living. Surviving cancer.
When I arrived home, my sweet boys had shaved their head for me.
Samuel with his "Superman curl":

Samuel shaving Papa's head:

My sweet bald boys.


Jude snapped this blurry photo of us. I will be wearing a lot of hats out and about now - I feel much less feminine already!


P.S. To soften the blow of cutting off all my hair today, I am wearing my fake lashes (even though I don't need them yet) and am loving every minute of it!
7 comments:
Love the solidarity that your family is showing the world! What a great way to support you!
Your new do though is STUNNING! You look radiant as always because I have to tell you that the VERY.....yes...the very first thing ANYONE notices upon meeting you is your award winning smile. It meets your eyes! It draws everyone in! It welcomes people into your life! Your smile radiates the full heart of joy and love that you have because of Jesus! Cancer cannot touch that smile! Your beauty comes from within and shines through in your smile! It is by far my favorite feature of yours........unless I talk about your listening ear and your kind words!
Wear those eyelashes with style girlfriend! :)
Love your cut, how cute!! The guys seem to be getting a kick out of going short...hmmm, don't see sissy around and that's a good thing! Love you! xxoo
I think you look beautiful!
You are gorgeous inside and out! Never forget it!
Regardless if it isn't your choice or desire, the haircut looks absolutely fabulous on you...and I'm not just saying that. You get to live :)
What a loving family to shave their heads in support. That warmed my heart so much! And, Kami, you look gorgeous! And I LOVE that you have the false lashes. :o) Wear them proudly! My heart aches for you and your family that you have to go through this journey, but I love how you are clinging to the Lord and using this time to grow in him. You are beautiful inside and out. You and your precious family are in our prayers. And, I have to agree with Mary Lou...your smile says it all. Well spoken, ML!
I totally agree with Mary Lou! Your beautiful smile says it all, Kami! I love that your family shaved their heads. That made me cry. How loving & supportive of them! And, you look beautiful! The hair cut looks very nice on you. And I LOVE the false lashes! Wear them proudly! :o) I love your attitude and that you are using this journey to draw closer to the Lord. I am so sorry you and your family have to go through this, but what a treasure of wisdom the Lord has already blessed you with. Thank you for sharing it with us. It is amazing to see what the Lord is teaching you. You are beautiful inside & out. We are keeping you and your family in our prayers.
Post a Comment