Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Yesterday with the Boys

Here are some pictures from yesterday. Jude has been a piece of work for the last couple of days - I held him most of the day, and when I wasn't, he was crying for me to. Needless to say, I resorted myself to the fact I would be getting very little done. Can his tooth PLEASE come through already? I also was up at 2 in the morning with him, pumping him full of Tylenol (I've learned to keep the bottle upstairs by my bed now). I don't know about you other moms, but when I am awoken abruptly in the middle of the night, I stay awake for at least an hour afterwards. So, as I was laying there, I turned on the Christian radio station (93.9) just to see what they were playing and they had an author on that wrote the book "Parenting by the Book" - I will be promptly adding that to my Amazon wish list because it's right up my alley. Samuel woke up at 6 and after being up in the middle of the night for over an hour, I took him to the bathroom and we both returned to bed. After collapsing into my bed, I listened to a very loud bird chirping, and wondered how, even though this little critter was keeping me awake, I couldn't be mad at the beautiful sounds it was making. It's the simple things in life that I'm always too busy to notice - unless I am laying awake in bed. And for this, I am grateful my kids wake me up.

The boys and I went to Michaels to pick out a special treat - I encourage Samuel to get sidewalk chalk. He had me spell his name many times on the sidewalk. BTW - Michaels has incredible smelling candles right now (think: Coconut lime and vanilla cupcake) for $3/piece.
I did it - in a moment of desperation, I let Samuel listen to my iPod - I have a whole kids playlist on there and he loves his pirate music. It's a local "band" of dads that sing pirate songs. It's so funny to see my three year old dance around with earphones in and singing very loudly. Priceless!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay for Captain Bogg and Salty! Those pirate dads have saved my sanity many a time.

Ipod-Samuel is so cute!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...