Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What a Great Few Days...

Well, the last few days have been really great. Saturday, my last (and fourth) day alone with the boys, Sarah's parents so kindly took my kids for a couple of hours while she and I got away to Bridgeport Village. We grabbed a coffee at Peet's (full caffeine for me after noon equals high efficiency and very little sleep) and then perused Border's. Sarah bought me a book I've been waiting for ("Suite Francaise") and I bought "The Book Thief". It was a very low key day and I can't imagine anything better than looking at books and drinking coffee. We later took the kids to our formerly favorite restaurant, Johnny's (I think we are still waiting to get good service - it was once again terrible) and then we headed home for bedtime. The days since have been some good old fashioned family time. Colin is back to work today, but I feel very refreshed and able to pour into the kids again.

One bummer thing while Colin was home - he took my Avalon into the shop because the transmission has been acting funny and they quoted him $1,500 to $2,500 worth of work for a rebuilt transmission. Ugh. We can either scrap the car and get a different one or choose to get this work done.

In other news, I am now reading "Love and Respect" - it's a book about communicating in marriage. I think it's always good to brush up on marriage skills and this book is fabulous so far. It really pinpoints the "codes" men and women speak in and how to decipher them. Also, after finding many books I would love to get at Borders, I noted them and headed to Goodwill downtown because they have an incredible selection of books usually around $3 - I bought "The True Story of Hansel and Gretel", "Midwives" and "The Time Traveler's Wife". Although, if you wanted a particular book, you could borrow it from me - I seem to have them all.

Here are a couple of pictures from the last few days.
Colin woke Samuel up from his nap yesterday because he missed him. Here Samuel is waking up.
Jude has taken to yelling at his vegetables. I think he is trying to be a picky eater (he only seems to eat carbs and fruit), but we don't really allow that in our house. So I didn't put anything on his tray last night except for spinach noodles and vegetables. After yelling at numerous morsels, he got most of it down.

I must run now - both boys are destroying my office stuff...

4 comments:

team woelfel said...

i really liked the time travelers wife. also for transmission i recommend Aamco. They were really nice to me, very honest and were $800 less than i was quoted at my regular mechanic. they only do transmition so i really had a great experience with them. i could go on about what an amazing experience it was so i really recommend them. plus they guarantee their work for the life time of the car. i had stick vs. automatic so i'm not sure if there is a big difference but thought i would pass that info along.

Kristi said...

Hi Kami,
Thought I would drop a note. I love your blog. I'm sorry about the car stuff. We had the same thing happen to my car 2 weeks before we were supposed to drive to Southern California last year. It is hard to know when to give up on a car...

Strauss House said...

Isn't car stuff the worst? Normally when you fork over that much money there's something to show for it, but not with repairs. You just get the same ol' car back. :o) Oh well, the fact that we even have cars is huge, right? :o)

Love all the posts lately - you are a great blogger and I always look forward to yours!

Sarah said...

While I love the fact that Jude talks smack to his vegetables, I hope that one day he may learn to befriend them as Samuel has.

Thanks for being my date for coffee and Borders! Let's have a MAC date soon! (Especially since you'll be earning some big bucks at the Flammilys' house) ^^

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...