Monday, April 7, 2008

Fun Weekend

Jude was sitting on the beautiful hardwood floor with a cucumber cream cheese sandwich and just swimming around in it. You can also see he rubbed it in his hair. He is seriously one of the muckiest kids I have ever seen - by his own doing.
Here's Erin's sweet pregnant belly - what a beautiful profile!!
Here's Wisa and her two month old, Owen.
Here's Owen sleeping on Kelly, Erin's best friend.
Kelly also held Jude - not quite the sleeping newborn that Owen was.
Here's Jonah playing on his Sit'N'Spin.

Well, it was a busy weekend, but so much fun! The boys and I are home alone today and Samuel is very concerned about us not going anywhere today. However, after a weekend of boys running amok in the house, I have a lot of straightening up to do. Saturday night I babysat Jonah and Olivia - they were just angels and did just as I asked as soon as I asked it. Jude joined me that night and didn't get to sleep until we were on the way home at about 10:15. Long night for him, but he just adored watching the big kids play. We hit church early the next morning (well, Samuel and I did - Jude stayed home with Colin because he was just a tired, teething mess) and then I headed off for Erin's baby shower in NE Portland. Even while I tried to contain Jude, I managed to get a few photos of some people. Erin, Wisa, Nicole and I know each other from when we all worked at Hollywood Entertainment - which feels like ages ago. Not one of us works there now, but our friendships have continued on. Anyway, it was a great baby shower - the best part for me? The host gave away little goody bags that had OPI nail polish!!
Here's a random question: what is the worst (by that I mean old school and embarrassing) song you have in your iPod? I'll go first (and there were a lot to choose from): "Ice, Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice. Although I do have "Rock the Casbah". For those of you who don't know, I have an odd obsession with the 80's. Mullets, bad clothes, and even worse music. Put your worst song in the comments section - I'd love to see if someone could beat mine!

4 comments:

lundbergfamily said...

Jude looks exactly like Goat in that first picture!! Oh my goodness!!

team woelfel said...

remember metallica, nothing else matters. ya i have all sorts of guilty pleasures. even some brittney spears, but actually kiko has taken my ipod and most of my music is off of it now.

AshlandFive said...

Oh my goodness...don't you just win by default with Vanilla Ice? Holy Cow girl, do you workout to that stuff? ;) I can't beat it. Sorry. I don't have anything on my Ipod that's not current. But, it would be cool if I could somehow pull out a NKOTB or something huh? (8

Strauss House said...

There's nothing cuter than a sleeping baby...

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...