Friday, October 3, 2008

Catching Up

Ok, so I have been terrible about posting lately. We've had this little pesky problem come up, namely, well, pests. Yep, we have mice all of a sudden. They came with the house and apparently we will have to deal with them this time every year, as they seek out warmth. Yuk. You can imagine how my germaphobic brain is short circuiting at this point when I find mouse droppings up in my attic, on my window sills, etc. I sort of want to cry and move out until this whole problem is gone. We had an exterminator out yesterday, but when I called the health dept. about how to clean up after mice, they informed me that we have to seal up any hole that's as a big as a dime in our house. I had to laugh out loud - and you would know why if you have ever been to our house. So, Colin and I will spend the day (well, Colin will be doing the bleachy clean up because I am a bit too pregnant to be dealing with chemical and mouse poop) cleaning and putting our foodstuff in sealed containers. Fun for us! Anyway, here are a couple of random photos from the last couple of weeks. This was amazing to me - that Jude would fall asleep anywhere but his crib. He slept while my grandma swung him. It was such a sweet sight.
Here's Erin and Barb at the beach last weekend. One of these years I won't be pregnant and will actually get to go into the hot tub.

Samuel wanted me to take this picture of him yesterday "working". He took my clothes drying racks and pretended to saw them and put a roof on.
Speaking of roofing, I will have to post pictures soon of our garage. It's coming along nicely.


3 comments:

team woelfel said...

you need a cat :)

lundbergfamily said...

Could Samuel look any more like Collin in that last picture??? Oh my goodness!!

Abby said...

OK I don't want to scare you but a good friend of ours recently passed away from being exposed to rodent feces. He developed Hantavirus. He was 34 and in good health before this. Make sure and always wear a mask becaus you can get in in the air from cleaning the feces.

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...