Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Computer Crash

Ok, I think I just made a huge mistake. Our computer was in this horrible cycle of starting and shutting down, over and over for like 24 hours. According to the message screen, I needed to reinstall Windows. Hmm. So I did. And lost EVERY file and program on the computer. The one that I'm really fretting about is my pictures. Is there any way to recover these lost files? I did backup my Photoshop photos a few months ago on CD. But that means I've lost all my other photos. Also, I've lost all our budget information for the last year. Seriously?! How did I not back all this stuff up?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ugh- that just makes me sick. Our computer crashed- um- over a year ago- and we have yet to take it to someone to try and retrieve all our photos. (that's what I was most upset about, and the budget stuff actually but it's history now...) Wedding photos- college photos- everything. gone. Hopefully they're sitting in a box in the garage (the dead computer) but I'm doubting it. I hope hope hope you can get yours back... :o(

AshlandFive said...

Kami, you should call RJ Emmett! He worked on our computer before, and I know he'd have lots more answers than I do...which is none! :0 I really pray that you don't lose a single pic. I know how precious they are.

team woelfel said...

i know there are some computer people out there that can figure that stuff out, might be worth calling geek squad and having someone come figure it out. lesson learned though, i'm backing up again tomorrow! i hope you don't loose any pictures. i've been thinking about that, the shame in me not having many actual hard copies of pictures.

Alicen said...

i'm sorry to hear that! as a friend, i advice you to NOT call the geek squad. many of rj's new clients call them (G.S.) first and regret it big time (they over charge and are not as experienced). do give rj a call right away!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...