Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Happy Place

Today was a very good day. Jude (as of two days ago) is potty trained. No more daytime diapers. Yay!! Only took 6 months - no joke.

Juliet cut her first two teeth. She's a bit earlier than the boys in that department and not too much drama related to teething, so that's good. I did realize the hard way that she can now bite off pieces of a whole apple, so I have to step up my eagle eyes a bit.

I picked up my new eyeglasses today - yay for chunky Dior frames!! So fun. Even with bling on the side! I also purchased some Ray Ban aviators real Top Gun- like. Lovin' those. I picked up this book at the library this afternoon. It's so inspirational! But I can't cut out the patterns. Bummer.
Speaking of sewing - I actually started sewing my first Christmas gift today! The boys went up to Rainier with Colin until tomorrow and I just re-discovered how much fun stuff I can get done with just one child in the house. Well, I'm not cooking either - thank you very much New Seasons for the delicious deli sandwich. Along with sewing and taking a break from cooking, I am watching chick flicks like there is no tomorrow. It started with "Ghost Town" (I guess this isn't a chick flick, but it's darn funny) and just finished "Center Stage". The acting is just painfully bad, but I love dance movies. I will be seeing "Fame" in the near future. I look forward to a quiet evening by myself, watching more bad/sappy movies (perhaps "The Cutting Edge" or "Hope Floats") and sewing. Or reading. I am currently reading "Midwives" and it is an incredible book. It's one I can't wait to open at the end of an exhaustively long day.
And here's one of the many pictures I took of the baby today in a vain attempt to show her two new teeth (which she already tried out on me a couple of days ago - ouch!). No luck, but I'll keep trying.

1 comment:

tabi said...

Oooh, sounds like a fantastic day!

I just watched 'The Cutting Edge' last month for the first time in probably 10 years...one of my favorite movies of all time, but this was the first time I realized not only how young the actors look, but also that it is TOTALLY an 80's movie (ok, 1992, but you know what I mean.) :)

Enjoy the rest of your time

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...