Sunday, January 24, 2010

Carrot Cake

Yesterday I baked the carrot cake from the Mother's Bistro cookbook. Personally, I would not have included so much pineapple (it called for an entire 20 ounce can, drained) and Colin suggested I add raisins next time, but other than that, it was really good. Of course I took pictures. Samuel and Jude dipped their carrots in the cream cheese frosting remnants: Colin insisted on cutting into the cake and trying a piece even before our company arrived for dinner.

And here is how the inside turned out. Pretty good consistency which I can attribute to steaming and pureeing the carrots as part of the batter. Very moist.
Yes, that is a dinosaur plate. It's all that was clean.

3 comments:

Marla said...

I love the Mother's Bistro cookbook! awesome job on the cake, it looks fantastic. dinosaur plate and all. =)

Jessica said...

To add raisins or not to add raisins...that is the question! ;) Here too...Ben doesn't like them, I do! what'cha going to do...maybe do it in half the batter? :)

Sarah said...

That carrot cake looks so delicious!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...