Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Meal Plan

It's been awhile since I've posted a meal plan, mostly because we've changed the way we are eating since watching Food, Inc. So, now I am nailing meal plans down a bit more easily and here's my current one:

Dinners
Taco Soup/cornbread
Roast chicken/veggies (from farmer's market)
Minestrone soup/bread
Bean/rice burritos (using homemade refried beans)
Spaghetti/salad
Potato Bar (with bacon bits, sauteed spinach/onion and sour cream)
Lentil Soup/bread

Lunches

Quesadillas/peas
grilled cheese/tomato soup
salads
Beans/quinoa/chips
Sandwiches

Breakfasts/Treats

Black bean brownies
Crispy waffles
Granola bars
Cherry oatmeal muffins
Peanut butter/chocolate/banana kefir shake
Pumpkin pancakes
Whole wheat banana muffins

I've been trying to double recipes and freeze half so I'm not spending my entire existence in the kitchen.

1 comment:

Mama Rak said...

I've got to try the black bean brownies. Two of my fave things!!!!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...