Saturday, December 18, 2010

Pinkalicious.

Do you parents of small children ever want to throw a book away because you have read it over and over? The "Pinkalicious" books are like that with me. Juliet discovered them a few weeks ago and I thought she was just pulling the same book over and over out because it was on top of the pile. Wrong. This was the beginning of a very repetitive trend. Juliet brings us this book once a day. Which doesn't sound so bad, right? Well, she insists we read it to her about five times in a row. And the most astonishing part is that she sits through the whole thing. As soon as the book makes its appearance, Colin or I say "Bring it to Mama!". Or "Bring it to Papa! He wants to read it!" Don't judge us until you've endured the Pinkalicious curse.
I have to say that I do love that she is so into books. More so than her brothers, even. So today I will discreetly put "Goldilicious" and "Purplicious" to the front and center of the bookshelf.

2 comments:

Sherri B. said...

You loved books too but were never that insistant..wonder where she gets that?

Michelle said...

I couldn't get enough of books as a child and even now as an adult. I began reading before age three, so perhaps she will be an early reader too and give you guys a break!

A love affair with books runs in the family!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...