Thursday, December 2, 2010

Today.

Today my house is a disaster. Not a dirty disaster, but a toy cluttery disaster. Which usually means my kids have been having loads of fun.

Today I went to five stores with a three 1/2 year old and a two year old. Do not judge me. We had no food and it had to be done. Yes, I was that mom that had the baby with one foot out of the cart through half of Costco.

Today, I rewarded Jude for being such a trooper with chocolate from Trader Joe's. He had to eat it outside in the cold so the baby wouldn't see it - I will congratulate myself for not feeding it to her as well. Today I rewarded myself by sitting by the fire during naptime with a pile of entertainment magazines and "Harry Potter" and read until my heart was content.

Today my baby girl insisted on wearing her brother's shirt. It looks weird. It looks completely ungirly. I took her out in public this way. But today, it makes her super happy. And I'm afraid in a flash of time that feels as if it's been just a few short moments, she will be a teen and I will not even be cool enough to talk to. So I will take these certain moments and indulge her.
Today was a chaotic day. Today was a messy day. Today was a very, very good day spent with two of the sweetest, craziest, most impulsive kids.

And I wouldn't trade today for anything in the world.

1 comment:

Sherri B. said...

Remember you can always call Tammy Larson "The Clothes Counselor" about Juliet.

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...