Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spiritual Thoughts

While the house was quite this morning (before everyone woke up - it's the only time I can finish a deep thought), I prepared for Bible Study by reading Mark 14 - Jesus' washing the disciples feet. And while I read this passage, I realized that Jesus was setting an example for what we are to do for others. We are to love others and humble ourselves so much that we would wash another's feet. My question to myself was: when was the last time I humbled myself that much for my friends? What would Jesus' example look like in today's society?

1 comment:

team woelfel said...

i heard russell simmons on a talk show talk about service, people who serve others and make them feel better and stronger. i was really struck by that and reminded of it by your post. it seems that is what jesus was doing here. really selflessly serving someone, without any ego about. not trying to get anything out of it just serving others to make them feel better, doing that is what makes a successful life. . .

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...