Thursday, June 9, 2011

Raised Beds

Yesterday Colin was determined to get the garden in (which is good, because our grocery budget is killing us!). All the kids jumped in the truck and went to get a load of new soil and upon returning, shoveled it into the wheelbarrow.After turned compost and new soil into some of the beds, they began planting peppers, zucchini, watermelon, lettuce, etc. I love that Sissy chose to wear a white outfit while gardening.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks (weather permitting), we will see some sprouts! Currently we are able to eat chard out of our garden - something that grows plentifully with very little attention.

3 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Yippy, grandma loves seeing the children helping in the garden! xo

Jillian Weiss said...

I love reading this post each year:) So cool you guys do this.

BETHANY said...

Naomi looked at this post and said, "Look! There's me!"

Ummmm ... nope. That's Juliet. :)

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...