Saturday, August 20, 2011

Abe at One Week Old

Whew - it has been one loooong week. Today marks his one week birthday almost to the hour right now! His oxygen was room air when we left tonight, he just has a bit of pressure in his nasal cannula. I hear that might even be removed tomorrow. The last thing he needs to work on is his feeding - they want him on a pretty big volume of breast milk each 12 hours and sometimes he is too sleepy to eat it all. Nursing was great today, so I'm not worried that we will have too much trouble in that area.

He also got a bath today (his second) upon our pleading (his hair was pretty greasy). We got to see him without anything on his face during the bath:
He tried to nurse Colin's hand because he was so hungry.
Sleepy boy.
I love this picture - so sweet!



1 comment:

Sherri B. said...

Grandma is so proud of you doing such a good job eating! It won't be long until you can come home and we can all love you up good!!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...