Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Baby Abe - 4 Days Old

Today was day four for Abe in the NICU. We arrived around 10:30 and found him without his CPAP on since his breathing has improved so much. He actually looked like a real baby! The only thing he has to work on now are his feedings - he needs to be completely breastfeeding/bottle feeding before he can be discharged. So, he actually nursed twice today for the first time ever! I was excited that he is catching on so quick. His little nasal cannula gets in the way of a great latch, but sooner than later he will get that removed as well.I can't decide who he looks like? I do love that finally one of our kids has Colin's hair color =)
Tomorrow I plan on spending the whole day with him so we can keep trying to breast feed.

6 comments:

Sherri B. said...

That's grandma's Big Boy...Good job!!

camp and cottage living said...

Dear Kami
I have been praying for little Abe.
Praise the Lord that he is coming along so well! He is adorable.

Heather said...

He is just beautiful... saying a little prayer for Abe and your family:)

Visiting from little house in paradise.

team woelfel said...

he is so beautiful! i will keep praying so you can get the sweet boy home soon!

Edward said...

Hi I am one of Sherri’s followers, it’s good to hear Abe is doing so much better.
Regards
Edward

Abby said...

He is so darling!!!!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...