Saturday, November 26, 2016

Week in the Life 2016 - Saturday

Saturday is usually church and kid play day. Today was no exception.


 You can tell that I'm fresh off a run, red faced, making Boss and Sis their quick cooking steel cut oats.
 This is Boss' face pretty much any time I stop his playing time.
 Jude and Boss play in Jude's horrifyingly messy room. Jude loves his messy room because he can see everything.
 Laundry. Always laundry. Currently the kids fold and put their own clothes away, which makes my job easier. How neatly their clothes are put away is another question...
 I picked Samuel up from the junior high space at church - I know he loves having pictures taken in front of his friends. He loves going to junior high here at church - he volunteers, he asks questions, he plays games.
 It was Samuel's night to help with the Christmas shoeboxes  (Samaritan's Purse) at church.


 Samuel also volunteers at church on Saturday nights in the grade school room. Here he is helping with prize booth night.
 It is so rainy today.
 After Mom died, I felt so incredibly unorganized, so Tami created these chore charts for my kids. They have been lifesaving. The kids get paid every two weeks for these chores.
 I love to get pictures of Sis waking up. Here she is cocooned in her blanket from naptime.
 Sis loves her tuck in and prayer time at night.
 Sis is always in charge of pouring elderberry and giving it to the kids. Elderberry gets us through the winter cold and flu season.
































Meals: Breakfast: eggs, oatmeal, toast; lunch: soup, salad; dinner: sandwiches in van before church.


Observations: I'm a better person because I have kids. I'm at church more, listen to Christian music and want to be a good role model.


Overheard: Samuel: "Eli! You should get my haircut."
Eli: "No."
Samuel: "Why not?"
Eli: "Because I don't like it. No offense."


Gratitude: Thankful for a wonderful church family and energy to run over 6 miles today.


Favorite moment: Boss giving me a huge hug after bedtime.

No comments:

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...