Usually on Wednesdays, the only thing we have planned is church in the evening. This Wednesday was a little different since kids were scattering like cats and Colin and I ended up alone. We spent some time with Grandma Mary, talking about politics, family, everything and nothing. We embraced the long pauses she offers between thoughts and sentences. She always speaks of how she's outlived her body. I do know that when she passes, she will have been ok with it.
Juliet is such a girly-girl. She loves pink and purple, loves cooking/baking, loves snuggles, loves to watch me put on makeup, sewing, coloring, etc.,. Here she is with her hair dripping wet on the way to N. Portland to go be with her cousins (Joel's family) on a trip to Great Wolf Lodge. She couldn't have been more excited for this trip.
Samuel with a football always close at hand. Always. I find his footballs in the car and all around the house. Here he is at Eli's house where I picked him up to head to Salem and then onto Eugene for a couple of nights with Erin and Jake. Samuel loves to be busy and is always planning his next adventure. This kid is so charismatic and social. He loves to help people.
My lunch of choice pretty much everyday is salad. I like to think it's healthy and at least I get the fiber, but honestly I load it up with lunchmeat, chips, cheese, artichoke hearts, etc.,.
Colin LOVES to have his picture taken :). He's such a trooper when I document weeks like this constantly with my camera.
Jude and Boss do their weird faces. It's a new phase.
Today was a mad dash to get cookie dough made for delivery to two stores. As it turns out, I made it but our Quickbooks crashed and I couldn't invoice the stores. I am liking my new cookie dough factory - it's so nice to produce it last minute on my own property. I feel like I'm better able to keep up with business, but I'm also more behind on domestic stuff.
I sit in the Arbor Lodge New Seasons waiting for Joel and Sarah to get Sis - talking to Alliance Charter Academy. We have come up for enrollment and I'm getting info on what is offered to us and what the next step is. I see in this picture as I'm on the phone that my eyes are so much like my mom's were. And I miss her. I never noticed her eyes really until she was sick. When I would stand over her to care for her and her eyes would be staring at the ceiling. We have the same color blue.
Breakfast - always a protein load. It's what makes us feel the best.
Boss and Jude wheel around in Grandma Mary's wheelchair. Obviously they enjoy themselves.
I haven't done nearly enough of my own quiet bible study in the mornings. This was an exception. Currently I am working on Beth Moore's Daniel study. It's good, but I haven't been very disciplined since Mom died. I don't know why. I manage to run first thing and then the morning just develops from there.
Here is Sis taking off for Great Wolf Lodge. These girls are so cute together!
Observations: Sis is obsessed with car's license plates and what state they are from.
Quotes: Jude: "Come sit on Santa's lap!" (as he pulls Boss up onto his lap).
Gratitude: Thankful for family and friends who take my kids so I can catch up on life.
Favorite moment: Seeing Sis with her cousins.
Meals: Breakfast: eggs, chicken sausage, oatmeal. Lunch: salad for me, burritos for boys. Dinner: Thai out in West Linn with Colin. He ate a basil chicken and I had pad thai.














No comments:
Post a Comment