Monday, May 6, 2019

Week in the Life 2019, Monday

Another year of Week in the Life! This project is pretty intense and is a lot of work, but I get my favorite photos of the year during this week. Through all the little and big stories, I catch a glimpse of where my family is at right now.
I really liked this moment today. Samuel had to do an experiment about carbon for his online schooling and both Jude and Juliet helped with their areas of specialty. Jude built some Lego creations (don't ask me how that is involved with carbon) and Juliet made him paper arrows. I just appreciate that the kids have helpful hearts (sometimes).
 Here Colin is teaching Jude math - he's currently working on kilos and decas, etc.. with Math U See.
This pretty much sums up Boss. He grabs leftovers and messily eats them whenever he pleases. I think it was 11 am when he did this.
Here I am fresh from a 5 mile run and hot Pilates, making a hasty batch of sourdough waffles due to my hunger. I hadn't eaten yet and it was like 10:30.

I spent a good deal of 11-3 reading to the kids aloud for Bible, History, Geography, and literature. I'm embracing that I'm a teacher that enjoys teaching through stories. I have 2 dyslexic kids, so that works for mostly everyone.
 I don't know. I just don't know.
 I love this pic from tonight's baseball game. It was a tough one for Samuel. He's learning a lot this season.
Jude and Sis have a rocky relationship currently. This expression of her's says it all. She's pretty rude to him and goes out of his way to tattle/report to me on her. Sigh. I do hope they grow to get along and have a good relationship someday. Maybe it's just the hormones.
 Boss.
 Boss said he's also doing his own Week in the Life. Just the pictures - he said he doesn't want to scrapbook them.
 I think it's important to note that this is the reality of my kitchen most days. It's clutter. But like clean clutter. Most of the time the dishes are current - it's just all the food and meals in progress cups being used. I wonder when the kids are gone if I will miss the clutter or if I will enjoy a clean space?
 Samuel and I have a bicep contest going, much to the chagrin of Juliet and Colin. Neither of them think I should be growing my biceps. While I work about a million times harder on mine via Pilates and weights, I'm still losing. There is no competition against that teenage testosterone.
I love this pic of her! At baseball tonight :)
Jude is bat boy for Samuel's team every year. He gives of himself wholeheartedly. I loved it tonight when a parent yelled "Good hustle, Jude!" as he retrieved bat.
Ahh the delicious sourdough waffle was worth every minute of that 5 mile run :).
Samuel getting his passport picture taken. A Mexico mission trip is on the horizon with our church.

My Costco bill is getting bigger by the month. A family of 6 eats  a lot!

No comments:

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...