Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Week in the Life 2019 - Tuesday

Another day of Week in the Life. I have so many stories to tell as I look around this house. Today the lens of stories was "observations." Overall we are in a season of kids arguing and fighting a lot. They negotiate with Colin and I a ton. Often we will look at each other and say, "We've lost complete control." Ha! We are having a lot of fun during this season too. Busy, but fun.

Sis is very helpful in the kitchen - she never complains really about baking or doing dishes. 
She's making baked oatmeal.
This was lunch and it was a real crowd pleaser. I'm trying to not buy lunchmeat anymore since the family doesn't really eat it anyway. We do leftovers or I cook something. These chicken pineapple meatballs were new.
I didn't feel so awesome yesterday - I felt really tired and blood sugary. I layed down at 10:30 am (I was beginning to regret the 5 am hill repeats followed by Pilates). The rest of the day from then on out was a real struggle for energy.
Colin and I drive kids around a lot. We took Samuel to and from 7 am football weightlifting at the high school (we aren't sure he will play, but this class is a nice resource). Then I got him to a 9:10 dental appointment. Later, both Boss and Samuel had to be driven to baseball.
Jude loves to eat. He used to be that kid that didn't care much about food. Now he gets so excited to even talk about it.
Since I had a meal ministry delivery today, I asked each kid to  help with one part of it. Sometimes Samuel is excused from that since his school is so rigorous. Jude made brownies and Sis made the frosting. Colin actually said they were the best brownies ever! He doesn't even like brownies.
Colin has been working on pouring concrete beds in the garden for some time. Since it's May, they need to be done soon for planting. I didn't have energy to help, but the kids did. Colin pays them in slurpees.
Coffee. Always coffee. It's my drug of choice. I think the more adulting you have to do, the  more coffee you need. I've heard this can have negative effects on an already low thyroid, but I don't care.

I love this. Jude has never been one that likes touch. Colin likes to tease him sometimes by giving him a huge squeeze.
Boss. You can tell already that I'm not feeling well. But I power through lunch and dinner prep and meal delivery somehow. I notice that once you become an adult with a family and obligations, it doesn't really matter if you don't feel good.
This is so typical. Boss hanging on/touching someone (he loves to be touched and invade personal space).
Yesterday was a huge victory! When I snuck upstairs to take a pic of kids sleeping, I found her ACTUALLY READING A BOOK! She's struggled with reading since day 1 and has avoided it at all cost. This gave me hope that maybe she will enjoy it someday. This is a puppy book she chose from the library. She wants a puppy so bad.
Her words were "Why are you taking a picture of me doing dishes??"
I popped into New Seasons for bread to finish out the meal delivery meal. I haven't been there in awhile. It's a lot of Costco and Winco these days.
I splurged on this snack since I was starving. I don't know how people afford to shop at this place on the regular.
Dishes. Always dishes. I took a break from my binge watching of The Handmaid's Tale (I fast forward through some parts and really the only reason I watch it is because I read the book in college and want to see what differences there are). Generally these days I only watch a show if I'm not feeling good.
The weather! It's been so beautiful. Sunblock season has arrived and most of us have burns to prove it.
Sis mixes up a batch of frosting for the brownies.
I started my Hood To Coast training. I ran hill repeats on 152nd before Pilates. I have a lot of work to do to improve on hills. I was trained for a marathon on fairly flat ground.
Teamwork on brownies and lunch.
This is our current calendar.
Karen and I after Pilates.
Samuel getting a cleaning. The hygenist spent a lot of time "educating" him on flossing with braces. The irony is that he gets them off next month.
Laundry. So  much laundry all the time. I ask Sis to sort it into piles.

My current read - I always have a car book with me in case I have a surprise few moments to spare. That rarely happens. This week I also carry around my big girl camera for WITL.

No comments:

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...