Saturday, June 21, 2008

This Sweet Weather and How My Boys Enjoy It

The boys and I have been enjoying this amazing weather the last few days. On Thursday we went to Ibach Park in Tualatin to meet a couple of friends and as it turns out, our church, Athey, was having a grade school cookout and I got to chat with many moms I don't see very often. It was so great catching up - all the while Jude is finding a sandy mud pit to get horribly dirty in. That kid LOVES being dirty.

And last night I got out on a girls' night with Sarah to see Prince Caspian. I would highly recommend this movie - I liked it just as much as the first one. Queen Susan even donned really pretty chain mail, which I thought was a bit comical. Did they really have feminine looking bell-sleeved chain mail back in the day? At any rate, I found the Christ typology to be pretty obvious. Of course I was also looking for it. I love nothing more than going to a movie on a beautiful summer night.

So, Samuel and I are doing the summer reading program at the library this summer and guess what I'm reading him? Little House In the Big Woods - this was a series I could not get enough of as a kid. Ok, so I was a bit older than Samuel when I read it, but it's never too early to start, right? I think the summer reading program is great, if you read to your kid 12 hours over the course of this summer, you get to pick out a book to keep. Along with reading this, I ordered Little House on the Prairie (the TV series on DVD), just so Samuel can understand what we are reading about - and he loves it! I love how innocent the show is - remember when TV was wholesome?

So, upon recommendation from Nicole, I finally placed an order through Eyes, Lips, Face. Its an online cosmetic company selling most their products for $1. If you type the code "Carolina" in, you get 50% off your first order (there are numerous other coupon codes you can find on the internet as well). I heard that Nordstrom bought this line, then changed the packaging and had to sell it all for cheap, but when I checked Snopes.com, that proves to be false. I still hear good things about the makeup, so I'll see when it arrives. I'm a tough critic - but it was worth the $12 - I even order the spendier mineral blush (a whopping $3).

Here are pictures from the boys yesterday.
Jude found this popsicle stick somewhere and treated it like a binky - it keeps him occupied for awhile for some reason.
I finally gave it and let the boys have a popsicle treat - they love nothing more than these Koolaid popsicles. Oh, and that's dirty oozing out of Jude's mouth.
Colin brought home this kid fireman hats for Samuel's friends, but Jude got his hands on it for awhile. Why does it seem like Jude never has clothes on?
Since Samuel knows how to turn the hose on (which comes in handy when I'm watering the garden), he went ahead and cooled Jude down last night. I think Jude saw the opportunity to get dirty and enjoyed it. I left for my movie shorty after this picture was taken - Colin had to deal with this dirty baby. Hehe.

1 comment:

Strauss House said...

Let me know about E.L.F. - I'm pretty particular about make up as well, but I'm curious...

Love the photo of Samuel dousing Jude with the water!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...