Here's the beets before they were pressure cooked.Monday, July 13, 2009
Canning Beets.
Colin could no longer resist the beets in our garden, so he decided to can them yesterday. I never realized what a beautiful color beet juice is! Samuel helped us pack the beets in the cans and put lids on. Colin and I briefly discussed the old days of stocking up all your food for the winter in the celler in jars and what a shift society has made now to convenience foods. I'll tell you what - there is nothing convenient about the canning process, but the payoff is amazing!
Here's the beets before they were pressure cooked.
Here's the beets before they were pressure cooked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.
This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...
-
This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...
-
Well, I will make this quick (as I have just arrived home from the hospital), but our sweet baby girl arrived 7 weeks early. I went into lab...


No comments:
Post a Comment