Thursday, July 2, 2009

It's Hot and We're Headed to the Park

We took yesterday and headed to Happy Valley Park with a couple of my East side friends (plus Tami because she was kind enough to drive all the way out here). Lately, I'm finding it so fun to see the world through my kids' eyes. The other night I sat Jude on my lap while he ate some frozen yogurt and the joy that emanated from that kid was amazing!! I could really use a lesson from my kids to enjoy the small things in life...here's an example of Samuel and Eli living it up on the teeter-totter: Juliet hates strollers, yet she can't sit up. It makes going out an interesting feat. But look at those chubby legs!


Owen had loads of fun as well.

And this is what Jude did almost the whole time - just stood and watched (and ate snap peas).
They all voluntarily held hands here. It makes me want to flash forward 10 years to see if they will even touch each other as teenagers.
The latter half of yesterday was a bit rough - it included Jude putting his hand in Samuel's pee for the thousandth time, Jude throwing bath toys in the toilet, Samuel and Juliet not wanting to go to sleep at 9 p.m. (and let me tell you - after 12 hours alone with three small children, I have little patience left at that hour - it's my time to just sit quietly and stare at the wall), just about an entire day of fighting between the boys, and Juliet having a huge rash from sunscreen.
Here's some (not so) funny quotes from Samuel:
"Mama, you look pregnant" (I'm not)
__________________________________
Samuel: "Mama, why are you dumping that milk out?
Me: "Because it's expired"
Samuel: "What does 'expired' mean?"
Me: "It's old."
Samuel: "Oh. Papa's expired. Grandpa's expired. He's old. You're expired"
_____________________________________________________
Samuel: "Mama, I thought you were going to start putting makeup on everyday."
Me: "I put it on today, Samuel."
Samuel: "Oh, it doesn't look like it."
And this, folks, is a thankless job.
Here's to a better day today!

3 comments:

team woelfel said...

ouch! i will count my blessings with palmer not being 100% communicative yet! don't listen to him you're young and beautiful! and juliet is such a doll! she's getting more and more gorgeous every day!

Strauss House said...

Kids don't hold anything back do they? Love the quotes! Good job, for every bad day there are a ton of great days!

Unknown said...

oooooooooh ho ho- thanks for the chuckle! Samuel's comments are too much!!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...