Saturday, June 27, 2009

Girl Time at My House

The boys in my house decided on a camping trip (which I politely declined on attending. After all, it is hard travelling with a baby =)) and I couldn't wait for my girl time. By that I mean hanging in my quiet house with just Juliet. I dreamed of all the sewing, scrapbooking and chick flicks (this is after I clean the house thoroughly and enjoy that it actually stays that way) that I am incredibly behind on. Well, the day they left, I woke up with yet another case of mastitis (my 6th recurrence, I believe) and so that put a damper in my plans a bit. I did watch three movies (Confessions of a Shopaholic, Revolutionary Road and He's Just Not That Into You) and make cards for a card swap. Oh, and lots of shopping. Even though I wasn't feeling great, it was amazing down time and by the end of three days, I really missed my boys.

Here's what Juliet is looking like:
And here's what my kitchen table looks like during paper crafting time:

This is the card I came up with for the card swap. I have to hand over 25 of these bad boys by tomorrow and I'm hoping I can finish them all!
On a different note, I have managed to attend a couple of girls' nights lately (Juliet didn't attend one and I paid for it dearly with a breast infection - I don't think I will be able to leave her home until she is one!!). It's so nice to catch up with friends again - I feel life has been just crazy since December!
Also, I am trying to save for a serger, so I thought I would post one of my camera lenses on craigslist. Wow, the response!! People were throwing virtual elbows to buy that bad boy. Now I have to figure out what else I can sell.

1 comment:

JSTA said...

Hooray for girl time! Boo for mastitis! I'm so sorry you keep having to deal with that. Juliet is looking so big. (...And, of course, so beautiful! :-) That first year WILL fly, as you know. Ascha just turned one. She's walking all over the place and just such a big person all of a sudden - I kinda miss my needy baby. (So keep enjoying it as much as you can while you've got it!) Miss you! Much love,
Sarah

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...