

Have I mentioned that I love Barefoot Contessa? I love Barefoot Contessa. There it is. She has a gift of creating wonderful recipes and sharing them with the world. I love her for that. Since I had her Maple Oatmeal Scones on our meal plan (yep, baked goods are always on our meal plans - usually as many listed as actual meals), I was eager to try them. Keep in mind, there was like $10 worth of real maple syrup in these and one pound of butter - yes an entire pound. Four sticks. The funny part? She says they are healthier because they also include buttermilk and a bit of whole wheat flour. I laughed out loud. But I wasn't laughing while eating them - I was tearing up a bit because they were so good.
Of course, the boys were there "helping" me. Samuel was "reading" through the cookbook while Jude looked on. Too cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment