Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Do you ever feel like...

you aren't as smart as you were in college? I mean, in some ways, we have all grown wiser, but in others, not so much. Try picking up one of your old college textbooks (preferably one that was part of your major) and read it. Any page. I tried that last night. I was a Writing/Lit major and I picked up "The Madwoman in the Attic", a feminist literary criticism book and turned to the portion about Emily Bronte's writings. I remember the part about the angel/monster thing (many female characters in books are either angels or monsters - think: Snow White and the Queen) but then the book just completely lost me. The big words, the really convoluted concepts. What happened to me?! Will my brain ever recover from being a mom?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yes! I feel like I've lost all of my knowledge of literary criticism too :( Maybe we should form a study group!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...