




Alas, we celebrated our final Christmas in Eugene with Barb's family on Saturday and stayed the night with Jake and Erin. As chaotic as it is to pack four people and keep the kids on some sort of schedule, it was so worth it to have a bit of a slumber party, with the adults staying up late and talking. Erin even took Barb and I out to this sweet little dessert place that was still hopping after 10 p.m.! I had an amazing latte and slice of lemon poppy seed raspberry cake. The dessert was reminiscent of a creation from Papa Hayden's. Yum! Nothing like sweets and girl talk....
The next day we went thrift store shopping and had a great time finding stacks of cheap but wonderful books (I was on a serious hunt for "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, but came up empty handed) and magazines. I bought Colin a stack of home remodeling magazines for something like 35 cents/piece. I also ended up with a soft blue high back velvet chair that I had to have - for only $14!! It was a great time.
Colin and I celebrated our 10th anniversary on the 3rd - we went to Bridegport and had a wonderful dinner, then strolled around Borders and got coffee at Peete's. We talked about how far we have come in the last ten years and I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful evening, except maybe if it took place in Hawaii or something, but we'll do that in the next couple of years.
The pics are of the boys on Saturday. I love how serious Samuel can look for pictures. The other two boys are Andy and Henry who were incredibly photogenic and knew exactly what to do for a camera. Cute!!
No comments:
Post a Comment