Friday, August 1, 2008

Sewing Project and My Boys' Tractor Rental

Well, Colin decided to rent a tractor to dig a three foot hole in our yard for the foundation of the future garage. I'm so glad he didn't do it by hand, because I would like my kitchen to be remodeled in this century, and everything awaits this garage completion. Samuel was as happy as a pig in poo riding on the tractor pretty much all day long. It amazes me how hard that guy works - he just found out today from PGE that he has to dig another 3x3 hole in a different part of our yard and he did it in his spare time today. The kids are off with the grandparents, so we had some alone time and had lunch out at Panera, strolled around a few stores and just relaxed. It was wonderful! But I do miss them and often wonder what I did before kids. Here are Samuel and Colin on the beloved tractor.
And I've been working on this baby shower gift for a few days. It's a hooter hider and burp cloths. I love to sew and decided my machine needed a tune up - so I took it into a shop in SE Portland (my first mistake) and received the absolute worst customer service I have ever encountered in my life. I was ignored by not one, but two people for at least 20 minutes. The treatment got even worse when I showed them my coupon for the tune up - how dare I pay only $20 to get my machine looked at!! The guy pretty much laughed at me and in a roundabout way assured me they would find more things wrong with my nearly new machine than just the basic tune up required. Should be interesting. I did however drool over the Berkina sewing machines which were proudly displayed all over the store. The store was scared to display the prices, so I'll search the internet and see what I find.

No comments:

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...