Sorry for the lag in blogging - I've been on the verge of vomit for many days in a row now. Finally, at about 5 p.m. last night, I felt better. And, for the first time in about 2 1/2 months, I bought myself a Starbucks! I forgot how much happier of a person I am with a little caffeine in my life - I ordered a decaf, but even that gave me a little boost. Needless to say, I've been home A LOT lately and really needed to get out by myself last night. Colin stayed home with the kiddos and since I earned a bit of money this weekend, I was on the hunt for a shiny new prize for myself. I haven't been shopping for so long, I started to believe I didn't really need anything (ok, so I don't
need anything, I mean there are people starving in other countries, but you get my drift). I headed to Michael's first and bought an Orange Clove candle - as nasty as it sounds - it smells absolutely delicious. Then I had to go to Home Depot after a desperate call from my husband for something about "wire" and "lubricant". Since I had my Starbucks in hand, I skipped right into the store happily and got him what he needed - or so I thought. I bought the wrong thing. Oh, well. Then I headed to the mall: my first mistake. That place just sucks me in with all it's pretty MAC makeup and designer jeans. I picked myself up a pair of free Vicky's Secret unders, a Cars placement for Samuel and a cute pair of maternity jeans. Not bad for having $35 in my wallet. I didn't buy much, but always leave feeling like I need to go back and just get those few extra cute pieces of clothing. Oh, well. And with the last of the money I earned this weekend, I bought myself a Palm Pilot. Sounds funny, but when I had one when I was working, I used it all the time, both for personal stuff and for work. I think Palm Pilots are God's gift to organization - with their pretty color displays and To Do lists. Yay!
Ok, enough rambling - here are some pictures of the boys from yesterday.

Jude found this cheese slicer in the dishwasher and thought it was the greatest toy for about three seconds. Do we think he's growing his mullet back? Or do they call this a bowllet? It is rather bowl shaped...

And Samuel picked this outfit out
all by himself. Can you tell? Colin and I were giggling, so I had to take a picture.
1 comment:
Too bad I relate to your 'mall sucking you in' story! ;)
By the way, I have to tell you... I saw you and your family from afar at church (parking lot) & I have to say you look amazing! Pregnant and all, you looked so beautiful! You didn't look 'sick' at all! Hang in there sista!
Post a Comment