So I love all things chocolate and mint - white chocolate, dark chocolate, pepperminte, cream de menthe - it's ALL good. So, naturally I'm drawn to a cupcake that incorporates these flavors. My mom bought me this wonderful cupcake book from Costco and it has this recipe called "After Eight Cupcakes". I would post the recipe here, but I don't have the two hours to type it out. They are a mint chocolate batter, a mint buttercream frosting, topped with a chocolate ganache and a junior mint, in case there wasn't already enough chocolate and mint. Yum! Well, hopefully they are good - I haven't tried them yet.

Do note that the two cupcakes in the bottom left were w/out Junior mints - Samuel woke up as I was finishing these and I had to hold off on the last two while he washed his hands so he could put the candies on. He's becoming such a big helper...
Oh yeah - I made these for a Fourth of July barbeque - really? Couldn't I have gone with one of the Fourth of July themed recipes she had in this cookbook? Chocolate and mint trump all in my book.
1 comment:
Those look sooooo good! As I am eating my whole wheat french toast w/sugar-free syrup! ;) As Rach Ray would say...YUMMO!
Post a Comment