Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Royal Rip Off

I've been taken for about $187. When I went to order the Photoshop Cs4 (normally a $600 program), I found a cheaper one at gaintsoft.com. Colin thought it would be fine, so we placed the order and paid immediately through Paypal. Upon receiving an email from the seller, I realized this program was coming through a Chinese shipping service. At that point, I knew something had gone awry. When I couldn't find the seller's name/address/phone number anywhere on his website, I really knew something was wrong.

Fast forward to last night. I have installed the program on my computer, but the serial numbers this guy keeps giving me are invalid. I have contacted Wells Fargo to get my money back, since I used a Visa debit card for the transaction. After requesting my money back twice from the seller, he emails back to try a different serial number and "it will be ok". I'm kicking myself, because the great deal from Adobe to upgrade to CS4 for $299 ends today and the money from the last transaction is still outstanding.

Lesson learned.

2 comments:

team woelfel said...

Pay Pal will reiemburse you too but it might take a while! that sucks!

Strauss House said...

Ugh, brutal. Sorry for ya - that stinks!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...